A new game - Pseuthe

UPDATE: You can now download the latest binaries for Windows and Linux from itch.io !


So I've been busy beavering away behind the scenes (and neglecting this blog) working on a casual game written using everyone's favourite C++ library; SFML. Pseuthe (pronounced 'soothe') started out as an experiment in Newtonian physics, but I was soon elbow deep adding the prettiest graphics I could muster, as well as some semblance of gameplay. You take on the role of a deepwater plankton, feeding on all the happy microbes you can find before your being winks out of existence. Last as long as you can, and don't eat any of the bad microbes (highlighted by their red markings). Here's a video to give you some idea of what it's all about:


I'm still tweaking things here and there, so there are no binaries available, but it is open source so you can compile it yourself. The repository contains a Visual Studio 2013 solution to get you started on Windows, and I've tested the CMake / make files with gcc on linux (mainly Ubuntu and Arch). It should compile on OSX too, but I don't have a machine to test it on. If anyone wants to contribute OSX support to the CMake file, I'll gratefully accept any pull requests ;)

Comments

Popular Posts